A few more pieces of the 2020 Driver and Team line-up have been confirmed with Romain Grosjean staying at Haas alongside Kevin Magnussen and that Robert Kubica will be parting ways with Williams come the end of the year.
Haas keep status-quo for 2020
The day started off with Haas announcing that they will keep an unchanged line-up of Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean for next season. It had been touch ‘n’ go to whether Grosjean was going to stay or be replaced. The obvious candidate for his seat would have been Nico Hulkenberg who finds himself out of a drive after Renault announced that Esteban Ocon would be taking his seat.
“Experience, and the need for it, has been one of the cornerstones of Haas F1 Team, and with Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen racing for the team in 2020, we continue to have a driver line-up that offers us a solid platform to continue our growth.”
Team Principal Guenther Steiner
Kubica and Williams part company
Robert Kubica has announced that at the end of the year, he will leave Williams and try to seek a driver elsewhere on the grid but this is highly unlikely. Having spent 2018 as the team’s test and reserve driver, Kubica’s F1 return was made possible as the Grove team signed him to partner George Russell. Williams have endured a difficult campaign so far with the team struggling with poor performance although upgrades in the past few races have brought the team closer to the bottom-end of the mid-field. Kubica has been out-qualified by Russell at each of the 14 rounds so far this year but due to the disqualification of both Alfa Romeo drivers at the German GP, Kubica was promoted into the top 10 to score a single point.
Confirmed 2020 Driver and Team Line-ups
- Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton & Valterri Bottas
- Ferrari: Charles Leclerc & Sebastian Vettel
- Red Bull Racing Honda: Max Verstappen & NA
- McLaren Renault: Carlos Sainz Jr & Lando Norris
- Scuderia Toro Rosso Honda: NA
- Renault: Daniel Ricciardo & Esteban Ocon
- Racing Point: Sergio Perez & Lance Stroll
- Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari: Kimi Raikkonen & NA
- Haas Ferrari: Kevin Magnussen & Romain Grosjean
- Williams Mercedes: George Russell & NA